Child tickets that are created from a template can spawn new tickets when they are either solved or approved. For example, you may have a request to set up a New Hire and the first child ticket could be to have the New Hire sign paperwork. Only when the agent confirms that the paperwork has been signed (either by solving the ticket or approving) will the rest of the on-boarding tickets be created.
Steps for Setup
- Please click on the Myndbend icon in the left sidebar of Zendesk
- First, navigate to "Advanced Config" page of the Myndbend Process Manager
- Scroll down to "Sequence child tickets when child ticket is solved/approved/partially approved"
- Make sure that the target, as well as the triggers, are created and active:
You can confirm they have been created and active if you see "Active" and "Remove" buttons in the top right corner. If they have not been created and active, you'll see the button to create them –– in that case, click on Create.
- Once the triggers and targets are active, navigate to "Ticket Template" page
- Find the template you want to add sequenced events to and click on the menu (3 dots) on the right side, then click Modify.
- On the template page, locate the following fields and fill them in:
The Sequence Event can either be Solved, Approved, or Partially Approved (if enabled in the App Settings). The Sequenced Template or Set would be the template or set of templates that would be invoked when the ticket created from the initial template is Solved, Approved or Partially Approved.
Once set up, you will see a message displayed below your template.
When you add the first child ticket from your template (first in sequence) and solve or approve that ticket, you will then see the additional tickets get created after about 30 seconds.