Myndbend™ Process Manager uses webhooks to automate processes in powerful ways. Using webhooks, you can:
- Add approvers automatically / conditionally
- Create child tickets (subtasks) automatically / conditionally
- Create Jira issues automatically / conditionally
plus many more workflow enhancements when MPM is integrated into Zendesk and connected to Zendesk's new webhook technology.
Zendesk has used http targets to automate these kinds of processes. As of February 2022, however, Zendesk (and therefore MPM) is now switching from targets to webhooks.
There is a huge advantage in using webhooks rather than targets. Instead of having to create a link with each target, Zendesk makes it possible for Myndbend™ Process Manager to use a single webhook capable of doing all of the automation your company might need for workflows.
MPM's webhook can be defined using two properties:
- Action name - The name of the action you want to perform, such as "adding approvers"
- Data - Data related to the chosen actions, such as "approver" email addresses
Webhook technology can be used, in combination with Zendesk triggers, to perform any of the actions you need for your workflow.
This section provides step-by-step instructions and thorough MPM documentation detailing the different actions our webhook supports to build truly powerful workflows in Zendesk and other related platforms.