Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the difference between Myndbend Process Manager Lite and Premium?
- Templates and sets of templates that can be used by an agent to create tickets or automatically via triggers
- Templates can be sequenced where a child ticket can be solved or approved first, followed by additional tickets created from templates or sets.
- Ability to add approvers via the trigger. Approvers can be added to a ticket all at once or in the sequence where the first approver approves before the second approver notified, and so on.
- Emails sent with links to approve/deny/request more info
- More info: https://support.myndbend.com/hc/en-us/articles/201093958-Myndbend-Process-Manager-Overview
Why do I still see "Lite" in the app after I've upgraded to Myndbend Process Manager Premium?
The app title is not automatically updated after you upgrade from within the app. However, the premium features are enabled. You simply can rename the app to whatever you wish.
The app can be renamed by selecting the Admin icon () > Apps > Manage.
- Find the Myndbend Process Manager circular logo and click the cog icon over its logo.
- Select Change settings. In the app's settings menu, you can then enter a new Display name for the app.
How do I use Myndbend Process Manager as an agent?
- The Myndbend app has two parts. The administration area is found on the left side of the Zendesk Settings. You'll see the Myndbend app with a circular icon. This is where you administer settings, manage templates, and view messages. The other part is the app that sits next to the ticket. Within this app, you'll have the ability to add/remove approvers and create child tickets. Please see the "How to use Myndbend Process Manager guide."
What are the ways an approver can approve?
- Approval emails can be sent with the CC on a ticket or via email with links (premium only). More info here.
- Agent approvers can approve via the button in the sidebar app next to the ticket or via approval email. End-user approvers will only be able to approve by replying to an email (CC option) or via approval links (premium only). Here’s how to set up emails with approval links.
Can we customize the emails sent from Myndbend?
- Yes, if you are using Myndbend’s premium version, you can turn on Approval links and update the Email Template in the Myndbend Administration site.
- In the Myndbend Administration site, Settings, there’s a field for logo URL. This will display in the emails sent by Myndbend and at the top of the approval pages.
- The approval template accepts HTML
Can we change the email sender for approval emails?
- Yes, the sender email address for approval requests can be changed to your preferred email address. Please contact Myndbend Support to change this for you. You’ll need access to the email box in order to verify via a link that Myndbend will send to you.
- Once the verification process is complete, Myndbend Support will update the new sender address for your account. Any new approvers added to a ticket will receive the approval request from your custom email address.
Why aren't Myndbend Process Manager emails delivering to our approvers?
- You may have an internal mail policy to block external email addresses unless they are explicitly allowed. Please contact email@example.com to discuss options to improve deliverability.
- Myndbend uses Amazon Web Services SES for email notifications. Occasionally, one of the many IPs are reported as SPAM. However, AWS works to remove their IP addresses from blacklisting vendors like SpamHaus regularly. Most mailbox providers like Gmail, Outlook, and Yahoo use a reputable blacklist provider like SpamHaus instead of smaller lists like SORBS and SpamCannibal. However, if your mail provider uses SORBS or SpamCannibal there may be a delay while AWS works to remove the IP from those repositories.
Does the parent ticket get updated when the children tickets are updated?
- Yes, by default the parent ticket is updated with tags when the children tickets are updated. For example, the parent will be updated with a tag when all children tickets are approved. This is useful if triggers are needed to change the status of the parent ticket based on children ticket changes. More options can be found here.
- Using Zendesk trigger/target you can update the parent ticket with comments from children tickets.
- Using Zendesk trigger/target you can also update custom fields on the parent when children ticket custom fields are updated.
How do children tickets get data from parent tickets?
- Myndbend has a setting to copy custom field data from parent to child ticket when created. This data will not be kept up to date after the tickets are created unless custom triggers/targets created. For example, updating a child ticket custom field.
- Since the data is copied to the children tickets on creation, you can use regular Zendesk placeholders to reference this data in the ticket body.
- Attachments can also be sent from parent to child using a Myndbend placeholder.
Do we need all the approvers to approve before the ticket can be solved?
- Myndbend has a setting to allow partial approval. This means that only one approver is required out of all added approvers before the ticket can be solved. Alternatively, you can require all approvers to approve before a ticket can be solved.
- Sometimes more than one approver is required to approve but not all. This can be accomplished with tags. More info here.
How do you solve a ticket that has been denied?
- Tickets are blocked from getting solved when the ticket, or it's child tickets, are open or have approvals pending. This is intentional to keep the process flow intact. However, some tickets do not require further action. An agent can still solve a ticket by manually by any of the following options:
- Skipping or removing the approver that denied in the sidebar app next to the ticket. Note the ticket history/comments will still show the approval responses.
- By Editing and Solving the ticket through a Zendesk view, trigger, or automation.
- Note, a ticket of type “Problem” with linked “Incident” child tickets will be solvable regardless of the child ticket status.
- There’s a setting in Myndbend to “Solve any ticket”. When this setting is enabled, the ticket can be solved regardless of approval or child ticket statuses.
How do we see who has approved on the ticket?
- Approvers are displayed with their status in the sidebar app next to the ticket. Also, the comments are placed on the ticket when approvers are added, removed, or skipped. Any approval decisions and comments will also be in the comments. This is useful for audit purposes.
- Approvers can be added to a custom field for reporting as well.
Can end-users be approvers?
- Yes. There’s a setting to allow end-users to be approvers. By default, the end-users need to be tagged with “approval_allowed” on their Zendesk user profile. If needed, this tag can be set to any tag you prefer. Agents do not need this tag as they are authorized approvers already.
How do I show a list of approvers that can be used regularly instead of searching each time?
- Frequent approvers can be tagged in order for them to show on the approval screen for selection. Here's how to make approvers available for quick selection.
How do I set up a hierarchy of approvers where the first approver has to approve before the second approver is notified?
- This is done through a trigger that takes approver IDs in the action. Here’s how.
- Optionally, the sequence can continue if one of the approvers has denied.
How do I set up a manager/staff relationship for approval?
- The employee profile can have a tag containing the manager’s ID. This will enable the agent to select the “Add Manager Approver” from the app when the requester’s manager is identified. This can also be automated via a trigger. More info can be found here.
- The tag with this relationship will need to be added to the user profile manually, by import, or by setting tags during SSO login.
Do you store ticket or user data from our account?
Why is the Myndbend app continuously loading in some browsers?
- You may have 3rd-party cookies restricted. To allow cookies from Myndbend, follow these instructions for Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox
Does Myndbend offer professional services to help with setup?
- Yes! We are available to help with your configuration -- simple or complex workflows. We also have a network of partners to help with services that go beyond the configuration of Myndbend Process Manager app.
- Please contact Myndbend if you'd like to discuss your process requirements and our services.